Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions of Elwotravel, main office is located in Quito in Ecuador. Please read these terms and conditions carefully because by making a reservation you acknowledge having read and agreed the following conditions:
Payment and confirmation of your reservation
After the original booking for our Galapagos tours, we require a 100% payment within 5 days of the booking. If it concerns a last minute cruise, payment is required immediately. Vouchers and tickets will never be issued unless full payment is received. Other parties involved with the bookings, can also use these terms of payment.
When you make a reservation for a tour that is operated directly by Elwotravel, the following terms of payment will apply:
- When the original booking is made, a 25% deposit is asked within 7 days.
- Full payment is required 60 days before your trip starts.
- If your reservation is made within 2 months before the start of your trip a full payment is asked within 7 days.
Payments can be made in different ways:
- A bank transfer into our Ecuadorian bank account. We charge a $40,00 fee to cover expenses that the banks in Ecuador charges us for receiving your money.
- Paypal, at the moment this is the only way for us to receive your credit card payment. Paypal charges us 6% to receive your money. We will have to add this to the amount due.
- Cash. If you are already in Ecuador, you can pay the tour in cash (US Dollars) or deposit the money directly to our Ecuadorian bank account. This is the easiest and cheapest way.
Cancellation by client.
All cancellations have to be made in writing and can only be taken into account when by Elwotravel.
Cancellation policies for Galapagos Cruises, Jungle tours and all other third parties vary per third party operator so in case of cancellation. Elwotravel always has to follow the third parties cancellation policy.
In case of cancellations of tours and trekkings directly operated by Elwotravel the following conditions apply:
- Up to 90 days of arrival Elwotravel shall refund the deposit minus $100,00 administration costs and any bank costs charged to us for refunding the money.
- Between 90-60 days before arrival Elwotravel will not return the deposit.
- Between 60-30 days before arrival Elwotravel will return 50% of the total minus $50,00 administration costs.
- Between 30 days before arrival Elwotravel cannot make any refunds.
If you do not arrive on time for the start of any of the tours booked, refunds will not be made! Any costs that occur because of a late arrival will have to be paid by the client(s). This also applies in case of flight delays and any other situations that are beyond the control of Elwotravel.
Cancellation or changes in itineraries by the company or any third party operators.
Elwotravel and third party operators receive the right to cancel or change tours in any circumstances out of their responsibility, for example changes in Ecuadorian laws, changes in National Park rules, weather circumstances, yachts failures, etc.
Elwotravel and third party operators reserve the right to modify any service in order to assure the safety and comfort of its clients. Elwotravel or any other third party operator can never be held responsible and will not refund in case of force majeure like war, demonstrations, riots, terrorist activity, natural disasters, changes in weather conditions or any other circumstances beyond the company’s control.
Elwotravel requires that all participants are covered by appropriated life, accident and medical insurance and that they are financially responsible for such expenses. We recommend that all participants insure their personal property for loss and theft. No refunds will be made by Elwotravel for medical reasons or theft or loss of documents.
National Park Rules
All clients participating on tours have to obey Galapagos National Park Rules and rules in the National Parks on the mainland of Ecuador. It is expected that clients follow normal patters of (social) behavior and always observe the safety instructions without exception. We expect all clients to behave in an appropriate and respectful manner towards crew members, guides and all other staff offering tour services. Elwotravel and third party operators reserve the right to refuse service and tours for clients who act in a hostile or disruptive manner or who disregard the welfare of other passengers, crewmembers, guides and wildlife.
By making a reservation with any of the tours, you state that you are in good enough health to participate in these tours.
If you have a problem or a complaint during the tour, you should contact Elwotravel directly so that Elwotravel can do everything in its power to solve the problem.
It is your own responsibility to travel with a valid passport, and to have the correct visa and vaccinations. Elwotravel will never be responsible in case you do not have the right papers and therefore have to cancel your tour.
Entrance fees of National Parks, costs of flight tickets, museums, communities or meals are never included in the price unless mentioned. Also personal (alcoholic) beverages are never included.
Elowtravel will always try to comply with diet wishes that have been indicated to us at least 30 days in advance of a tour or cruise. You have to understand that by traveling in Ecuador food and diets will become very different and it will not always be possible to adapt to the clients wishes.